Healthy lifestyle programmes available:
Taste for Life
Taste for life will encourage more people to cook meals at home, from scratch, using basic ingredients. Courses are available to anyone who –
Is a Cheshire East resident
Aged over 18 years old
Motivated and wanting to learn to cook from scratch and improve cookery skills and eating habits.
During the six week course participants will learn:
– how to cook low cost, healthy nutritious meals from scratch
– understand and read labels
– prepare portion sizes
– learn to forward plan and prepare meals
– reduce waste and store cupboard ingredients
– where to source healthy balanced recipes
– understand the eat well guide and five food groups
Reshape is a 12 week adult weight management programme, combining education and physical activity. Courses are available to anyone who:
Is a Cheshire East resident
Is aged over 18 years old
BMI must be between 25 – 39.9
Is motivated and wanting to lose weight
Participants on the course get:
– Weekly one hour group session combining nutritional education, behaviour change and physical activity.
– Health assessment
– Weekly weigh in
– No diets, no calorie counting – just tools to help you succeed, lose and maintain weight loss
– Support to help individuals to be physically active, including a pass card outside of the programme to enable individuals to have unlimited access to facilities and activities at the leisure centres across Cheshire East.
Referring for all of the above programmes is easy… People can register online at www.oneyoucheshireeast.org or call the freephone number 0808 1643202
Kickstart Specialist Stop Smoking Service provides free, friendly advice and support to all pregnant smokers and their partners and smokers with mental health issues residing in Cheshire East.
There are two Specialist Stop Smoking Practitioners for Pregnancy – Catriona Holden 07976 984411(based in the Macclesfield area) and Caroline Miller 07976 984405 (based in the Crewe area) and one Specialist Stop Smoking Practitioner for Mental Health and Polish smokers–Karolina Ayers 07976 984769
They offer clinic based appointments and, where necessary, home visits.
They offer expert behavioural support and vouchers/prescriptions for licensed stop smoking medicines (payable at prescription charge or free if you’re already exempt) – Nicotine Replacement Therapy, Champix and they also offer info and advice on e-cigarettes.
They provide Very Brief Advice, Level 2 and update training to their team and to new and existing community stop smoking practitioners.
Kickstart oversees the performance management and training of the four community stop smoking providers; Well and Rowlands pharmacies, Healthbox and Wirral Community NHS Trust.
The community stop smoking providers are based out in the community and see anyone else who smokes. There are services in GP clinics, the pharmacy setting and some out-reach services too. One-to-one sessions and groups are available.
For further info:
To find out more about Kickstart and the Community Stop Smoking Services:
– Ring Freephone 0800 085 8818 (Shirley Loasby, their experienced administrator, will be on hand to help)
– Visit www.kickstartcheshire.co.uk
– Ask a question by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
– For Polish smokers www.facebook.com/rzucaniepaleniacrewe
– To self-refer you can ring the Freephone number 0800 085 8818 – where Shirley will direct customers to the appropriate specialist or community stop smoking service, email them at email@example.com or fill out the online referral form found on the service website www.kickstartcheshire.co.uk and someone will call you back
– To make a referral, please ring the Freephone number on behalf of the client (ensure they have given consent to be contacted by them)
– If you would like to use the Refer All portal or would like some cards to hand out to customers please contact Jane Simoyi/Shirley Loasby at firstname.lastname@example.org