At Friends for Leisure we are continually recruiting volunteers in Cheshire East. Volunteers are at the heart of our organisation and vital for Friends for Leisure to continue providing a service.
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly, motivated volunteers, over 15 years old, who can give some of their time to make a difference to a young person. (See general role and responsibilities)
There are a number of ways volunteers can get involved at Friends for Leisure:
• Youth groups – role and responsibilities
• Bowling sessions – role and responsibilities
• Holiday activities
• One to one friendships – role and responsibilities
• Being a trustee – click here to go to the trustee page for more information
In return for your time you will be offered opportunities for training and personal development.
• Helping to increase your confidence
• It’s brilliant for CVs and personal statements
• You’ll get experience for future careers
• You’ll meet new people
• You’ll be part of a team
• You’ll have fun!
We pay out of pocket expenses and mileage for volunteers, so it should cost you no more than some of your time.
If you think you could be a Friends for Leisure volunteer the application process is simple: •
• We will ask you to provide two professional references
• We will arrange for an informal telephone interview with you
• You’ll be invited for an interview
• We’ll request a DBS (formally CRB) check if it’s appropriate for your role
• You’ll have an induction
If you have any questions do not hesitate to call the office or alternatively email our Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com