Friends for Leisure has been very successful with its volunteer recruitment in 2017. Just temporarily, we are putting new applications on hold. Please come back in March 2018, when we hope to be able to offer more opportunities for volunteering. Thank you.”
At Friends for Leisure we are continually recruiting volunteers in Cheshire East. Volunteers are at the heart of our organisation and vital for Friends for Leisure to continue providing a service.
We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly, motivated volunteers, over 15 years old, who can give some of their time to make a difference to a young person. (See general role and responsibilities)
There are a number of ways volunteers can get involved at Friends for Leisure:
• Youth groups – role and responsibilities
• Bowling sessions – role and responsibilities
• Holiday activities
• One to one friendships – role and responsibilities
• Being a trustee – click here to go to the trustee page for more information
In return for your time you will be offered opportunities for training and personal development.
• Helping to increase your confidence
• It’s brilliant for CVs and personal statements
• You’ll get experience for future careers
• You’ll meet new people
• You’ll be part of a team
• You’ll have fun!
We pay out of pocket expenses and mileage for volunteers, so it should cost you no more than some of your time.
If you think you could be a Friends for Leisure volunteer the application process is simple: •
• We will ask you to provide two professional references
• We will arrange for an informal telephone interview with you
• You’ll be invited for an interview
• We’ll request a DBS (formally CRB) check if it’s appropriate for your role
• You’ll have an induction
If you have any questions do not hesitate to call the office or alternatively email our Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com