Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging position with an organisation that really makes a difference to the lives of disabled young people?
We are looking for casual Activity Assistants to support our groups in Macclesfield and surrounding areas. We expect to recruit several people for these positions. Full details of the sessions can be found in our Recruitment Pack. The groups are held on some Saturday mornings, weekday early evenings and during school holidays. Sessions will normally last for no more than 2 hours.
Rate of Pay: £9.50 an hour + excess mileage + 5.6 weeks/year paid holiday
Contract: Part-time, casual
Hours: Dependent on activity
Benefits: Workplace pension; training opportunities.
Friends for Leisure’s aims and objectives include providing disabled children with the opportunities to have fun, make friends and do the everyday things that other children and young people take for granted.
As an Activity Assistant, you will be responsible for:
- Attending organised leisure activities and assisting the staff member running the group.
- Ensuring all participants are safe, adequately supported and included in group activities.
- Observing young people at the activities and helping them to engage in the session, providing relevant feedback to the Group Leader where necessary.
- Working alongside volunteers, offering direction and help where appropriate.
- Submitting timesheets for payment at the appropriate time.
- Adhering to the charity’s equal opportunities, confidentiality, health and safety, and safeguarding policies.
The Activity Assistant will have the following skills and experience:
- Good communication skills and a positive attitude.
- A team player who can act on their own initiative, with a willingness to learn.
- Previous experience working with young people.
- Full UK driving licence and own vehicle required.
- No personal care will be involved.
The role is casual, but Friends for Leisure will make every effort to allocate regular activities and hours.
Appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Please note that we expect to recruit more than one person to cover the Activity Assistant role. Individual workers would not be required to cover all activities.
If you would like more information about the groups, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Friends for Leisure may ask if you are available to support other activities..
Rate of pay: £9.50 p/h + holiday pay + excess mileage
Albert Chambers, Canal Street, Congleton. CW12 4AA.
Tel: 01260 275333 or e-mail: email@example.com
Registered charity no: 1068991
Closing date: This is an open recruitment programme and all applications will be considered until the vacancies have been filled.